Its is so simple
if it’s not simple, then simple it won’t be
Founded by group of educators, professors, educational therapists & ophthalmologists. Gnotebook aims to introduce an organized learning experience and emphasize the importance of handwriting. In our keyboard age, it has been scientifically proven that only when a person writes a neural circuit locked in the brain, and this action dramatically improves memory, creativity and linguistic competence.
(Source: Prof. Stanislas Dehaene).
Following 17 years of studies, research, pilot projects, full implementation at almost a thousand preschools and elementary schools worldwide, with a wide range of student types: ordinary students, individuals with learning difficulties, learning disorders (ADD/ADHD), impaired vision, and visually processing disorders, we found that the Gnotebook improves learning and writing skills for all of them. Even more importantly, when the entire class uses the Gnotebook, a wonderful sense of class unity results.
The use of the Gnotebook lets every student have a successful writing experience from their very first attempt. It increases their awareness of organizational skills, neatness, preciseness as they focus of proper study & writing habits. Its Didactic Sequence feature eliminates the use of binders, folders, plastic sheet protectors and other supplies.
It facilitates School Branding, showcasing an educational message chosen by each school on the notebook cover and creating a sense of school pride. The Gnotebook offers Financial Savings to both the school and the parents. Using the Gnotebook yields definite financial savings of about $50 per student per year, and thousands of dollars for each school.
Gnotebook is available in all languages written from left to right (English, Russian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and others), as well as from right to left (Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc.).
The Gnotebook is designed for use in all subjects (English, languages, math).
Gnotebook has launched its solutions globally, inviting educational centers, major distributors, resellers & key partners to share the success in preschools and elementary Schools. Using the Gnotebook makes a huge difference to the student’s sense of success, encouraging advanced organized learning & writing skills.
Creating successful learning and writing experience
Handwriting has always been an essential part of human cognitive development. In fact, the quality of a student’s handwriting directly reflects their cognitive state. Pablo Picasso said that man does not write with his hand, but with his brain. Today, as the world runs blindly toward the keyboard age, it appears that handwriting has lost its luxurious status to digital devices, and some educators even claim that there is no place for handwriting in the digital age.
On the other hand, neurological researches on writing vs. typing, concludes that, only when a student writes, a neural circuit locked inside the brain which dramatically improves memory, creativity and Linguistic competence (Prof. Stanislas Dehaene, French College). It appears that the abovementioned elements are essential tools that every student needs in order to succeed in any field of knowledge. As educators, we believe that it is our duty to provide as many successful experiences as possible to ANY type of student, in as many subjects as possible. We also strive to help our students improve their handwriting so that it is as neat as possible.
The amount of distractions that impact students today was never as significant as it is now. As a result, the community of students with learning disabilities has been reaching dramatic figures, and educators predict that in no time, it will become half of the student population. As a result, students deal with difficulty organizing their thoughts, and this directly impacts their learning and organizational skills.
Small change makes huge difference
• To give students worldwide, the opportunity to enjoy writing and learning experience adapted to the digital age.
• To provide an optimal solution for all types of students, without exception, in all subjects studied.
• To give every student a solid foundation to write and study in an organized, consecutive, aesthetic and didactic manner.
• To significantly improve handwriting among students.
• To teach and accustom students to be organized, methodical, and have legible, neat handwriting.
• To decrease the weight of the student’s backpack.
• To help students become “mini-academics.”
• One picture equals 1000 words- we encourage a sense of school pride by personalizing the notebook cover as the school’s advertisement zone.
• To save parents money on various unnecessary supplies (binders, sheet protectors, etc.) that are a direct result of the use of small notebooks.
• To help schools save 50% on printing materials– due to the new structure of the Gnotebook, teachers can easily print all their worksheets on two sides, instead of one side.
Learning Challenges at keyboard age
For years, elementary school students have been using small, outdated notebooks that do not meet the standards of today’s digital world. It is important to realize that in this day and age, ever since computers became a central part of our lives, we are accustomed to focusing on an A4-sized page.
Teachers put in time and effort to prepare excellent handouts and worksheets, but the use of a small, old-fashioned notebook forces the students to fold these handouts into four squares and glue it, folded, onto their small notebook page. Notice that the folded handout becomes hidden from the student’s sight and mind, and becomes irrelevant. This is also the reason that small notebooks “run out” quickly.
Some teachers ask their students to keep the handouts and worksheets in a separate binder, essentially breaking the didactic sequence. As a result, the student does not learn in a consecutive, organized manner and this directly harms the student’s learning process. In the small, outdated notebooks, the page and lines for writing are very minimal, causing the student “to think small” and to express himself concisely (a principle known in science as the eye-brain connection = limited visual space causes a limited cognitive space).
An additional common yet acute problem is related to the lines for writing in small notebooks. The lines are not well defined and beginner students experience difficulty focusing on the line. Written expression and handwriting capabilities do not develop properly and are even impaired.
The direct financial expense of using these small, outdated notebooks is very high, due to the need to supply, in addition to the notebook itself and because of its format, a large quantity of covers, binders, loose-leaf pads of paper, dividers, plastic sheet protectors and more. As a direct result of the above, the student’s backpack is heavy, messy and filled with crumpled, neglected worksheets.
Gnotebook- Create a writing & learning experience
The Gnotebook, a series of notebooks for pre/elementary/high school and college students. designed for all types of students (ordinary, learning disorders, ADD/ADHD, impaired vision, visual processing disorder), for all school subjects – any left to right language (English, Russian, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese etc.), Rows, Mathematics and other right to left languages (Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese ,and others).
Exclusive advantages of Gnotebook
• An organized learning and writing environment: A factor that influences all types of students, including those dealing with various learning disorders.
• A pleasant and calming work surface: Facilitates visual and cognitive focus.
• Longer study time: Providing a higher sense of satisfaction.
• Focus on the line for writing: The line for writing in the notebook is white, and the space between the lines is blue. This helps students easily focus on the white writing line and improves their handwriting dramatically.
• Visual space: In the notebook, the pages for writing are A4-sized, which enables the student to see a large page and as a result, to “think big.” This positively impacts the student’s creative ability when writing answers.
• Didactic sequence: The teacher’s handouts and worksheets are only glued to the margin of the notebook page and loose pages can be turned like the notebook pages.
The notebook page remains available for writing and the notebook is fully utilized instead of wasted. All of the material studied can be found in one notebook, keeping with academic study practices.
• Huge financial savings: No more need for binders and additional supplies to complement the notebook. All of the learning materials for each subject are found in one notebook. Schools also save many
• Effective learning: One notebook is usually sufficient for the entire school year for subjects that include a large amount of writing. In subjects with less of a focus on writing, one notebook is designated for two subjects.
• Teaching organizational skills at an early age: Correct use of the notebook accustoms students at the beginning of their learning careers to apply proper organizational practices, an asset that will accompany them for the rest of their lives.
• Gnotebook gives the student a successful writing experience from their very first try.
• Increased awareness of organizational skills, neatness and aesthetics and proper habits.
• eliminates the use of binders, folders, nylon’s etc. & creates didactic sequence in all learning materials. As a results, school bag reduces dramatically.
• Branding/Educational message on the notebook cover, creating a sense of school pride.
• Financial savings: The Gnotebook yields definite financial savings: about $60 per student per year, and hundreds of dollars per family when one or more of their children are in elementary school.
The Gnotebook is sold through 5 different channels:
1. Directly to educational centers (day schools)
2. Book stores and retail chains that specialized in learning materials
3. Ministry of Education